Cocheese's Sketchbook
Hello again.

Not much of anything new today, on second thought I'm not sure the daily post commitment is the best idea as I think I might fall into simply spewing arbitrary stuff out and I don't really want to waste anyone's time. (More than I already have  Nervous smile, ahehe )

Today I figured I would try actually measuring something's proportions and capturing its form (to a degree, I simplified the top) instead of just messily sketching everything. If i'm on my way to figure/portrait drawing I think a disregard to accuracy/measuring could make things significantly harder than they have to be. I must admit I sort of hate sighting and prefer attempting to "train my eye" by eyeballing everything but that sounds like something I shouldn't do in interest of learning how to be accurate. ( I especially don't want to fall into the trap of being opinionated on something I don't have the expertise to form any valid opinion on, as many beginners seem to.)

[Image: QQfXj9z.jpg]
[Image: FiUf5Ok.jpg]
(my subject- I drew it from life, not the image)

Whenever I have an eraser in hand I tend to be an aggressive perfectionist- to the point to where I had to stop myself doing this one for the interest of time. I know accuracy is important for a beginner, but to what extent? I'm unsure if correcting every minor mistake is valuable to my learning or it just produces a prettier picture.

Also, per darktiste's request, here are some of my lines and ellipses. It seems I'm not very graceful with the scanner, but I think it's enough to get the idea.

[Image: Jaxb6dh.png]
[Image: lKxsVy0.png]

Messages In This Thread
Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-06-2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 03-06-2020, 12:21 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 03-06-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-06-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 03-06-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-09-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 03-10-2020, 03:30 AM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-10-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 03-10-2020, 11:18 PM