Can't figure out how to improve
My feeling has always been learn the fundamentals then you can be creative and adopt any style when you know how the fundamentals work. So I only want to be able to do realism so I can have control over the principles and have it carry over to any medium.

My desire has always to be apart of video games/ movies. And illustrate graphic novels and children books with a variety of styles. My big problem with perspective is understanding how to foreshorten the far side of forms(not basic forms but detailed). My emphasis on perspective accuracy is to arrive at what the other side of a form really is and not what I vaguely guess it to be.

As far color and master studies I was saying I can look at individual color planes and go through their properties hue value temp sat. But I don't know how to get those base colors that people start with which aren't at all the final color that is seen. Not sure if that makes sense.

But I think your right about too stiff of an approach. Would you suggest to just make more pictures and just sketch from refference a bunch and not think so hard about what I'm doing?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by Gliger - 05-07-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by Forsaken Pluto - 05-08-2020, 05:42 AM
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by John - 05-09-2020, 01:07 AM