NSFW - Sup Doodles? Ganço's sketchbook [occasional doodles]
(06-03-2022, 08:34 AM)gansogeeksout Wrote: ikr! luv that Scott Robertson skills, master of vehicle designs! Got on my bookshelf both his art canons: How To Draw and How To Render. Feng Zhu (from Singapore's FZD) mentioned as "everything you'd have to learn, no book besides these two are necessary"!

Well i actually disagree specially if you are doing figure drawing i suggest a book on gesture and one on anatomy. Loomis come to mind.As much as How to draw and render is a good book it doesn't cover concept such as proportion proven simplification approch to human anatomy and principle like weight distribution it also doesn't cover concept such as color theory when it come to the more artistic side it a very purely speaking grounded in realism which mean it doesn't touch on stuff like composition very much.For art theory i recommend checking the free resource https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library the number of free video and the organized format is a must for any artist who want a more structural approch to learning to draw.I also suggest drawbox.com for similar reason but it main strenght is to help the artist pay respect to the fundamental in practical exercise that will follow them in whatever journey they take.But feng zhu as also an amazing collection on how to think like a designer which i was very impress with.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NSFW - Sup Doodles? Ganço's sketchbook [occasional doodles] - by darktiste - 06-03-2022, 01:27 PM