Hello, World! And future friends
Well if you have a strong lean toward perhaps let say environnement it would be natural to start with perspective just so you have an idea of how much you need to learn to get to the juicy part that interest you.

I think giving you a few exercise to advance your theory is a must not only reading but also applying .
https://drawabox.com/lesson/1/6

The typical approch in my book would be simple muscle memory exercise this mean something like what i am showing you in the picture.

As some master might there is no use for someone to be doing perspective if he cannot draw straight line.

Drawbox is a good place to start because it actually start with the approch i suggest.I know the perfect book for perspective but the issue is it can be to complex as a starting book.So my advise is to take book which deal with the perspective in a more let say less straight to the perspective aspect right away.

Of course instead of suggestion i think being able to listen to what your actually trying to achieve is always a better approch but as it said fundamental are the basis of art.The question remain to find the right balance to guide you toward your art goal.

I believe that there is a form of order in art let compare it to a video game if you don't mind.First you work on leveling up you skill than you choose a specialization.Looking at the different art career even if your let say just drawing for fun can save you years of exploration later down the road so sometime it pay to research this aspect.Of course it can be really hard to understand what you want so exploration is key and failure is necessary.Good luck.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
Hello, World! And future friends - by adrikovitch - 01-02-2021, 05:33 PM
RE: Hello, World! And future friends - by darktiste - 01-03-2021, 05:51 AM