I need critique to get better.
So from what i feel when i look rapidly at the selection of artist you look up to you have not so much an interest for retro cartoon but more or less a modern disney like character with a more stronger lean toward manga with a splash of comic none super hero type.

I still would recommend 

Base on that [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif](Loomis - Figure Drawing For All It's Worth) for the fundamental and more realistic approch
[/font]

I also suggest you go to the resource section we have here on crimson dagger

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html

It the resource section you can probably find a few free book there to supplement the one i suggested that spike your interest because after the goal is to create motivation for you to want to draw.
I personally felt overwhelm when i visited the resource section s the first time so don't try to rush and collect everything but rather try to go there looking for resource that might answers your question  before asking them.But feel free to ask question and certainly try to learn from a book if you can't afford art class that would help you build solid foundation.

Also i strongly support what RottenPocket [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]said[/font]'' start posting to your Sketchbook, and let us see what you're working on. You could read for days but won't know what you know until you put it into practice.''

This website https://drawabox.com/lesson/1
 is a good place to start as an artist it give you a good amount of drawing drill to start before a drawing session and it help you focus on the important matter that respect the ability of someone who would be starting out.It might not be pretty it might not be fun right away but it certainly pay out.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need critique to get better. - by darktiste - 07-13-2021, 08:36 AM
RE: I need critique to get better. - by darktiste - 07-14-2021, 07:28 AM
RE: I need critique to get better. - by darktiste - 07-17-2021, 06:59 AM
RE: I need critique to get better. - by darktiste - 07-25-2021, 11:18 AM