MangoTangos digital sketchbook
(05-29-2022, 03:33 AM)darktiste Wrote: We can't help you achieving a style that isn't specific to one artist because we don't know what pourcentage of each style you want to go for and what aspect of each style you like to tone down or town up and what you want to make into your own.All we can give you is were personal opinion which is not very useful because it rob you of your direction. The more specific you can be about what you like the better it will be for you to understand what aspect you are trying to emulate in this or those style...if you can't answers this than you need to practice observation and internal dialogue. The question are your to answers truely were solution are were own.The best thing someone will be able to do for you is to tell you if you did a good enough copy of something very specific.We can't help you interpret.We don't speak the same artistic symbolism.

All we can work out with you is a few selected reference you have. From what i see in the ref (the artstation are useless in my opinion because it to large of a sample) your biggest difference so far is the lineart which you mention having problem with.Right now one thing that is missing the most is a lighting that match the reference meaning you didn't put much gradient.

The best thing you can do really if you find that you didn't quit capture the style is stepback and come back with a fresh eye.Remind yourself which are the fundamental and than start to observe their work and ask yourself what are the consistent choose the artist made that differentiate their work from your.

I also encourage you to read my post on practical dialogue.This will give you more autonomy when it come to being able to self analyse.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4107.html

Everything that you said make sense for me, thank you. But I probably didn't express myself clearly in my previous  post. I understand that the question: How to mimic smbodys art-style - is not right. Rather I meant what to studie to change my process. Actually, it sounds a bit awkward too... Probably I just stuck a little, and I don't really need an answer to this question) 

Found this artists youtube - Daniel Clarke . Think I should do similar studies and try to understand his process.

Messages In This Thread
MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by MangoTango - 04-19-2022, 02:14 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by Jephyr - 04-19-2022, 08:02 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by Crowbit - 05-16-2022, 08:03 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-16-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-29-2022, 03:33 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by MangoTango - 05-29-2022, 05:31 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-29-2022, 06:30 AM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by darktiste - 06-11-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by Fjellmund - 06-13-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by Jephyr - 08-20-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: MangoTangos digital sketchbook - by ItsAllHam - 09-09-2022, 08:12 AM