License agreement on Art Station and New Grounds etc
(10-28-2022, 01:08 PM)JosephCow Wrote: I think it's a fair trade off personally. They give you a platform for your art, and in return they retain the rights to use the work on their platform. I don't know exactly how they are modifying images, but I don't think they would substantially change things for marketing or promotional purposes. I wonder if the license is ended if you remove you image from the site, or if they can still use it even after that?

But either way I think that's kind of the trade off with all of these sites. The alternative is just to have your own website.

Hi Joseph and thanks for replying.  You're right of course — getting all that exposure is a pretty fair trade.  As mentioned it's probably just to cover their asses and protect them from lawsuits.   Maybe Facebook only takes images of a certain size and they have to crop some images to upload there.

Their agreement does grant them a perpetual license though — and the definition of that is 'never ending, FOREVER.'

Back in the day, Jason M over at ConceptArt had a long post saying they would NEVER use anyone's image for any purpose without permission and once you deleted any or your account all your images were also removed from their servers.  I liked that.

BTW — I looked at your AS page and the fertility idol — and NOW I'M PREGNANT — SO WE NEED TO TALK.  [Image: tongue.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: License agreement on Art Station and New Grounds etc - by Jephyr - 10-31-2022, 12:10 PM