Greetings From Somewhere
Question 
Hello!

My name's Rylee, and for my new year's resolution last year when I turned 20, I realised I was undisciplined, clumsy, impatient, and didn't really have any hobbies so I thought learning to draw was the perfect challenge. I've tried to get into drawing in my life many times, but for the reasons mentioned above, it never really stuck until I eased myself into it through digital art. Truthfully, I still don't accept the 'mantle' that is the artist label, but hopefully I can live up to it one day.

My long term milestone is to eventually be good enough that someone would commission me to draw something for them. 
Naturally, there are a bunch of philosophical quandaries about the value of art and what good art is, but as I'm the equivalent of a molerat, I have to compromise with monetary value instead. 

When it comes to art, I want to focus on illustration and character design. I'm mainly here as a means of driving myself to draw more because I do a lot of thinking about drawing instead of drawing, which is a bad habit I need to kick.

In general, I'm just a university student studying English, and I occupy my time by gaming and studying.

Messages In This Thread
Greetings From Somewhere - by ASRylee - 02-25-2024, 12:10 PM
RE: Greetings From Somewhere - by darktiste - 02-25-2024, 01:29 PM