sexy gamer
(07-29-2012, 08:57 AM)monkeybread Wrote: Hey Jorge, also got some feedback for you, your lady had rubber arms and odd pelvic join to her left leg. Whatever you do with her pose I'd suggest working on getting the anatomy right first before you start to detail. Try and find some ref pics to help you with a pose. I like Dennis's suggestions though his anatomy is also a tad off (How is she alive with that waist!! no offence meant to Dennis; I know it's a quick PO :) ).

I'd also suggest adding some stuff to the environment to make it more interesting and lived in. Empty chocolate wrapper, cans, perhaps a discarded bra or two, a cosplay costume etc. I'm also going to make a comment about your interpretation of the subject; ok so we are talking a sexy gamer chick right...cool...but how often do we see the message perpetrated that sexy = big boobs straining through satin lingerie and no waist? I'm personally kinda bored by this mainstream playboy interpretation of sexy. How about adding a bit of personality to it. Perhaps a slightly tomboyish looking girl that's just come off a marathon session of DoTA; she is a bit dishevelled with tousled hair. She's wearing boy shorts panties (ie comfortable and functional but still revealing) and a singlet with a WoW logo on the front. One strap drops off a shoulder but she hasn't bothered to put it back. She's leaning back, headphones around her neck taking a short break but is clearly still smouldering in that tired but satiated after-play glow...:P Only a brief respite before she gets stuck in again.
Basically if you build a story behind your illustration as you go it will become more interesting because all these things will add to the narrative of the image. Good luck!

thanks for the feedback monkeybread, greatly appreciated :)

about her rubber arms, do you mean the her skin is too shinny or that her left arm kinda looks rubber cause of the pose? and i know this is wrong of me but i did kinda feel that her left leg is off too, i redrew it a bunch of times, but youre right it still feels off :P

i dunno if im gonna change her look, but i definitely like the story around the character, ill have to practice that , thats probably why most my paintings look dull, and i also love ur tips on the environment, ill definitely add more stuff.

thanks a bunch for the response :D

Messages In This Thread
sexy gamer - by jorgeOliveira - 07-29-2012, 02:04 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by DK - 07-29-2012, 05:19 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by jorgeOliveira - 07-29-2012, 06:24 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by Amit Dutta - 07-29-2012, 08:57 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by jorgeOliveira - 07-29-2012, 09:14 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by Amit Dutta - 07-29-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by jorgeOliveira - 07-30-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by jorgeOliveira - 07-30-2012, 06:57 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by Amit Dutta - 07-30-2012, 08:50 AM
RE: sexy gamer - by jorgeOliveira - 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM