Challenge - Environment 1: Artificial structure and organic life on an alien planet
@ Ici, yeah I prefer the plant type one also, that one looks the best.

@ Flo, I think the first one would be more suited to this challenge and taking a second look if that one was finished to the same as the island I think it would be the better piece out of the two.

Here's my initial 4 sketches, they're done very quickly. I think no 1 is the style I'll go with, a planet mostly covered with water apart from the very large rocks. I'll refine the idea and it won't look like the sketch but I'll use that for the basis of the style.

*Update, here it is, ok got the line drawing and the base colours in roughly, any crits are welcome, will carry on refining it tomorrow :)*

*Update 30th Aug - Ok so I started refining the image a bit more, trying to add more scale to it, and trying to make it a bit less earth like. Adding in crystals which grow like plant life on this planet, which the creatures use to build their bridges, weapons etc from. Gonna take out the boat, doesn't fit with the topic and gonna create a big structure the aliens have built using the crystal I think, maybe lol.

@ Ici and flo Thanks for the feedback guys, gonna try and make it less like earth :).

Also both your designs are coming together very nicely, looking forward to seeing the finished pieces.

*UPDATE 1/9/12 - Ok, well I worked on my image some before I saw Flo's comment and paintover, planned to put some sort of planet in the distance also. But you fixed up the perspective really well, thanks for the paint over. I wasn't trying to make it steep that was the top of the rock, just I'm not real great with perspective, this is my first real attempt at trying to make a finished enviro piece, so I really appreciate the feedback and help from you flo and iCi :). I'll upload what I have so far before having to implement the changes to create the perspective I was going for, that flo showed me how it should be.

* Ok added the so far before the changes I gotta make now.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge - Environment 1 - by iCi - 08-27-2012, 07:02 AM
my entries - by Flo - 08-28-2012, 03:13 AM
RE: Challenge - Environment 1 - by iCi - 08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
Challenge - by JonHop - 08-28-2012, 05:49 AM
RE: Challenge - Environment 1 - by iCi - 08-30-2012, 04:20 AM
RE: Challenge - Environment 1 - by iCi - 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM
RE: Challenge - Environment 1 - by pandamonic - 09-03-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Challenge - Environment 1 - by iCi - 09-03-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Chall - by iCi - 09-07-2012, 05:12 AM
enviro challenge - by JonHop - 09-10-2012, 08:13 PM