need some in depth crit on this
Hey the composition is good, But I have a few tips for you to try to make it stand out, and I'll try to be as straight foward as I can lol :), I think the coloring needs some arrangement, I feel the greyish blue you got going on makes it seem a lil bit dull, and I'm really feeling if you had a sepia type tone over it, it would really pop even more, thank 300, I feel the forground charaecter needs to be on his knee or both, and sword proped in the ground, your lead character has a crossbow, perhaps if you had a few arrows already in the foreground character, and perhaps have his armor damaged, if it's his final stand, then I feel his armor needs to show it, you can accomplish this bu increasing specularity on his armor, like give the indication that it has dents and it's been through hell. Feel like perhaps, need to roughen up the femal character too, to make it look like at first she might have got her ass handed to her, this will create a more emotional impact on the piece for the viewer, if they see it, they'll invision an epic battle that just went down, and it was badass, and loosen up folds in the foreground characters cape, to give it a more free flowing and destraught look. I think with these changes it'll really stand out, hope this helped :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: need some in depth crit on this - by AndreM - 09-28-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: need some in depth crit on this - by AndreM - 10-19-2012, 06:11 PM
RE: need some in depth crit on this - by NickHuddleston - 10-19-2012, 09:17 PM