Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Hahah! Yeah I have done that too! (still working on it!) ;)
I totally hear you, and as I said, that's what I went for at first, but right now I kinda have an idea in mind of what I want it to look like and so I really am trying to keep considering the critiques I get but without feeling like I have the obligation to apply them right away, to do it "right" or very realistic (and it's pretty hard to get that assertiveness).

Thank you anyway because you're totally right! in theory that's how it should be and how water and light react. I'll see how seriously I'll apply those rules to this painting... :D

I think it's always important to apply the rules (I ahve Gurney's book too ;) ) but as an artist you also have to be "true" to yourself, your art and vision of it.. The realism/lighting etc. rules are certainly a very important knowledge to have but always strictly following them is, I think (more and more lately) a great way to get completely stuck with your art and never doing anything "real" or truthful to yourself. :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Nemome - 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by LaleAnn - 01-19-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM