Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Your last illustration looks very nice, I especially like the soft gradation of the garment at the bottom
The pose of the little dragon is awkward and out of balance, some of its proportions are wonky aswell.
You´ve done the character quite good, I can see that she is a noble, possible evil, the pose and the way she looks at you shows that she is in charge and powerful. It goes well with the "commanding dragons bit".
The headpieces color looks bland for some reason, I assume its a golden ornament. Gold can be hard to capture right, its advisable to do some studies from old masters or life (if you have some gold ornaments lying around) Same goes for gems. Skin tones are kind of wrong aswell in some parts, the strongest and best colored part is the nose and the right cheek/eye area. Again old master paintings are an excellent source to look at skin tones, since working digitally, they can get too desaturated at places. The garment she wears looks good, some edge lighting is the wrong color(maybe too desaturated) and the values might be too high, try finding reference of purple cloth in different environments, the study you did earlier seems to be in a white room, which in some cases doesnt depict the environment correctly, thus the reflected light is wrong. Lastly maybe render the garment more in some areas to show off the design more, perhaps add some kinda yellowish color illustrative pattern to the garment at some parts.
All in all Id say the weakest part of the image is the dragon and the strongest part is the upper face along with the ear.
Hope this makes sense and helps you.
If you have any questions or if anything is unclear PM me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Nemome - 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by crackedskull - 02-22-2015, 05:49 AM