Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Hey man! Woah, thanks a lot for that crit!!

I think the main problem here was that I went too far when I did the first black and white value painting and when I started adding color it got pretty hard to make it look good. It actualyl took me a very long time to make it look somehow right. Next time I won't go so far with the b&w painting or start with color right away and use a b&w layer mode to check my values.

i know what you mean about skin colors but I can assure you I've done my best, again, to keep a good range of colors in there using different layer modes. Maybe it would show better in a higher resolution..

When it comes to light (light color), I still have a LOT of trouble understanding and manipulating it properly. If you have more advice on that (though I guess practice makes perfect) I'd gladly take it! :D I try to challenge myself as much as possible but I feel that this is soemthing that realyl prevents me from going as far as I'd like...

Again, thank you very much for that insightful critique! :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Nemome - 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by LaleAnn - 02-23-2015, 01:21 AM