Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Hey Lale, nice sketchbook! I see an impressive amount of progress between when you first started and where you are now. I'm in much the same position as when you started, turned 22 a two months back and I'm getting serious about art. Except that I have no idea what I'm doing. :P

I like your beast painting, looks scary. The mermaid looks like a good combination of creepy and seductive (or at least trying to be seductive, lol). However, her face and body seem a bit flat and lacking form, almost like a cardboard cutout would be. Maybe it has to do with the edges. You went for a neat glow coming from the water, which is a very cool effect, but it might have led to some of the flatness. Even with glow from the water, there will be some darker or shadowy areas right?

Overall looks cool. Congrats on getting published!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Nemome - 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Mechanizoid - 01-20-2016, 06:26 PM