How to add more impact?
Great to see you taking my crit to heart, but doing it from scratch yourself! Best attitude you can adopt. I know I mentioned this on FB already to you, but thought I'd add it here, for the benefit of anyone viewing the thread who might be interested.

"Think the boobs need a bit more weight, the hand are still really large, and there is something a tiny bit off about the straight on of her torso despite the twist in her hips that looks a (little) bit stiff. I didn't see your livestream but doing a gesture drawing can help you nail those pose related issues instead of tweaking bits at a time. Also the rounded end of her lower abdomen is a bit too pronounced."
I didn't mention this before, but you also want to be aware of muscularity differences between women and men...men do (in general) tend to be more angular and less curved. At the moment you are treading a fine line that borders on masculine, especially in her arms. Just make thing smoother and curvier is a good general rule :)

I also wanted to respond to your issue about knowing all the muscles and studying them, but still not getting the results you want. The thing is with anatomy everything works in concert. Something moving one way means something else moves another...muscles that are "invisible" or deep, still affect the form during movement. It's kinda like being able to rattle off every part in a car and what it does, but not being show them all working in concert when on the road. A technical approach opposed to a holistic observational one. Both are really important. Sounds like you have the technical down, but life drawing or just drawing people surreptitiously wherever you are would be the best thing you can do to bring them together. If you can get them I highly highly recommend Villipu's (can never get the spelling right!) lecture videos on anatomy. They are absolutely frikkin' awesome. The construction techniques alone are invaluable. This is the one set of lectures, that even just by watching them and not drawing, improved my anatomy skills three times over!

It's looking much better already; Keep it up man...keen to see it develop. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
How to add more impact? - by AdamMiconi - 11-06-2012, 02:05 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by zeiram3f - 11-06-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by AdamMiconi - 11-06-2012, 04:43 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by zeiram3f - 11-06-2012, 07:01 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by AdamMiconi - 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by Markdotea - 11-06-2012, 04:03 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by zeiram3f - 11-06-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by AdamMiconi - 11-07-2012, 03:09 AM
RE: How to add more impact? - by Amit Dutta - 11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: How to add more impact? - by AdamMiconi - 11-16-2012, 02:27 AM