Mech, seeking a critique :)
(11-09-2012, 08:55 AM)Jaik Wrote: Wow! thats great, you are totally right! I really have to watch my perspective and my values and try and push the contrast between light and shadow to give more of a definite light source. Shadows for complex shapes are a bit of a hassle for me.
As for the protection side of it, I was thinking in terms of game design and that these would be the weaker sort of infantry and quite easy to kill.. But I'm still not sure how to communicate that better :S

Still, thanks for taking the time to crit this, I really appreciate it :)

Didnt refresh before I posted that, so I didnt see your comment AdamMiconi.

Haha and here I was thinking that it was complex >.< Thanks for the links, Really good images there. I will definitely use them.

I think my problem with the shadow was because I added it as an afterthought, instead of planning it through the whole way, which I should have done. I'll go back through and fix up some of those big issues like you said. I also think I really need to build up my visual library some more and then try it again.

Thanks for pointing this stuff out to me, I now know where to go from here :) Much appreciated!

Glad it helps out! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi

Messages In This Thread
Mech, seeking a critique :) - by Jaik - 11-06-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by DarioJ. - 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by AdamMiconi - 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by Jaik - 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by AdamMiconi - 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by DarioJ. - 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM