Lizardman's art journey to glory!
(11-13-2019, 07:47 AM)Demon Lizardman Wrote: If you mean leak, as in lack, then I guess I was rushing through the crosshatching after I was done with boxes. I wasn't sure how much time I needed to spend on each box. This entire page took me around 35-40 minutes to do, so I was feeling kind of bored by it. That, and sometimes when I am drawing a straight line, it goes off course and goes in a different direction, making some of my lines sketchy.

I don't know what's wrong with me, int he video he suggests to make sure your angles/lines will eventually meet up at the horizon line, but sometimes my hand goes automatic and it just goes off without my brain input. It feels like two different entities are controlling my body at times. I need to work on my hand to brain correlation.

Perhaps it would be best if you do less of cube and take the time to do them correctly.Speed come from practice but constance in your work is a is a priority over speed.The problem is we tend to compensate with quantity when we can't produce quality.Quantity doesn't necessary mean you produce a consistent result.So what we learn here is that constance in your work is more important than quantity and speed.

Now the problem is how to be conscious if you are distracted by other thing will drawing.The problem as you have experience it is you become rapidly bored by the repetitive task of drawing the same thing over and over again.It not a secret that drawing can be repetitive but what generally make it interesting is to have variety of exercise to do.If you work with 100% of your mind you produce quality but you become also bored really quick.So it harder to work for long period of time.

So take pause it can be really taxing for the brain when you work consciously rather than semi consciously something you seem to be experiencing.What i mean by semi consciously is that your focus on two thing rather than one.For example your drawing and think of eating a sandwich later don't do that you have to focus your attention on constance in your work.But someone cannot achieve constance in is work if he doesn't understand what he trying to do or how to do it.

I am gonna stop there as to not bore you.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Izzual - 07-15-2013, 07:14 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by darktiste - 11-13-2019, 08:23 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-18-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 11-23-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by wld.89 - 12-11-2020, 05:31 AM