Lizardman's art journey to glory!
Everything is going alright I guess, havent done much in my sketchbook, been busy with studies and work. The box exercise is not only limited to cubes, rectangular ones are welcome as well. You can read about it here
https://drawabox.com/lesson/250boxes

He recommends also to use colored pens to see where your vanishing points lead up to see where you screwed up. I just need to do better ghosting and planning when putting my lines on the paper, that's why they are off.

From what I've been told, when starting with anatomy to stay away from Hampton and Bridgeman because they focus on more abstract shapes of the figure instead of focusing on muscles and more detail. So that's why I've been reading Huston and looking at Bryan Lee's videos. I find Loomis easier, but Lee has some nice details on flowing lines that go through the shape of the face. Reminds me a bit of Reily's method.

So yeah, will do more observational studies, proportion stuff and head studies as well as doing boxes and Huston. So I've put a lot on my plate, hope it doesn't burn me out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Izzual - 07-15-2013, 07:14 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-18-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 11-23-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Demon Lizardman - 12-12-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by wld.89 - 12-11-2020, 05:31 AM