The Misadventures of Shadow's Sketchbook
(03-09-2013, 07:27 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: Hmmm they don't need to be toned, it need to vary to add richness!
Check this guy's blog, he is awesome with color: http://nathanfowkes.blogspot.com/

Pay attention to how he uses saturation to make contrast. His images look bright and rich, but it only has top saturation on this area that makes it the main center of interest of the image.
Saturation is also a form of contrast - you shouldn't have contrast all over the image. If you do that, it becomes dull. To create interest, you want to have variety and rhythm through the image - if everything is the same contrast through the image (same color, same saturation, same value, same edges), you have no rhythm but a single note being repeated over and over.

Makes sense? :)

Oh, and just Sula will do <3
Welcome aboard!

Ohhh! Wonderful example! I think I understand what you mean! I will have to try much harder to put it into use. XwX thank you!

[Image: tumblr_mkcqttGumT1qail0to1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mkc7xsfG4L1qail0to1_500.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Misadventures of Shadow's Sketchbook - by leonardZC - 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: The Misadventures of Shadow's Sketchbook - by ShadowLillium - 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM