This isn't the sketchbook you're looking for
In those 8 months I've managed to leave that shitty art academy I've been stuck at, and finally get the hell out from Poland, which was my dream for many years (cuz it really, really sucked to live there - I definietelly dont recommend it to anyone

I'm currently living in UK, slavin' my ass off as lowest production worker for minimum wage (which is almost 3x bigger than I'd make in Poland by doing the same job). I sleep 6h a day - tops, work since 6am to 2pm, and trying to work as much as possible in my free time.

For now I'd like to be finally able to grasp enough basics skills to find a job where I'd be able to draw as much as possible, cuz now I'm pretty much just wasting 10h of my day on crappy job that doesn't let me develop any of my artistic skills (nor any other for that matter).

So far I'm still struggling with getting used to drawing properly (not only digitally, with Intuos stylus, but also with pencil).

So that's my main focus ATM - I just dont see the point of forcing myself into making tons of crappy paintings, when im lacking the most basic and important artistic skill which is ability to draw properly - when I finally start kicking ass in that I'll move to more interesting stuff.

So while I'm working on improving that skill, I'm simultaneously trying to learn some basic human anatomy by using approach inspired by Kevin Chen, Michael Hampton and amazing Bryan Lee (FUNKYMONKEY1945 on deviantart - be sure to check out his tutorials - it's pure gold).

Basically I'm trying to follow their process of breaking down human figure to most basic shapes and slowly refining them into more complex forms - I think it's by far the best way of learning to draw figure from mind, that I've encountered so far, it makes the most sense to me, and I already can feel it gives great results (plus just by drawing this way I feel like it gave me more understanding about how light behaves on different forms, than all those pencil studies ive posted at the begining of my sketchbook)

So, without further ado, here's my newest stuff - it's pretty much all I've done since july till now (it's not much I know ;/ I'm also doing 30min of gestures daily with pencil - I hope to start doing these digitally someday)

I try do my best, to update this sketchbook as often as I can, but since I dont have that much time, and some of those sites are pain in the ass to work with, I'll probably be forced to limit myself, to uploading only some few, chosen studies from week.

And since CD forums are worst of all of 'em you're getting only some chosen scraps ;P - more on my CA.org & CG Hub sketchbooks

However if you're interested in seeing all of 'em I invite you to like my FB page, which will be my most frequently updated artdump (only because it's the easiest of them all to manage - god I love drag n drop uploading)

- hope you enjoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: This isn't the sketchbook you're looking for - by VonKulfon - 12-27-2013, 12:59 AM