Sandras Sketchbook
@JonHop Thanks a lot! I'm really grateful for the opportunity to work freelance :)

Hi guys, long time no post. As you already now I did start working freelance in March this year. I'm so happy that I have got the opportunity to do what I love for a living. It's still a long way to go, there are many bumps in the road, but I never enjoyed working that much before.

So after I finished the "Stickman"-job in May, I luckily found directly a new amazing project I could work on. The guys from Pyrrhic Studios are amazing. Sadly in July I got a tendovaginitis and had to stop working :'(

Two weeks ago my hand started to get better and better. So the plan was to start painting again on September 1st. But sometimes life doesn't want to play along, so this exact morning the graphic card in my iMac crashed :'(

Surely I hadn't a backup of my files so it was a pretty long week hoping they can fix everything without destroying my data. Also having to buy a new graphic card and paying for a repair isn't the best thing to do after two months in which I wasn't able to work and earn money.

But that's over now. My iMac is back, all data still there, and now also back upped, and I started working again. Was really a challenge getting back on track and picking up where I left off two months ago. But after one week I'm getting used to everything again and it's a lot of fun =)

Also Pyrrhic Studios, my awesome clients which waited this whole time for me and didn't replaced me through someone else (I'm so thankful words can't describe it!) started to release the assets I did in June one by one. You can find them on the bottom of this post.

So let's start with the art I managed before I got a tendovaginitis :)

First off the backgrounds I did for the Stickman-project.
This one ones really hard to one, first because it has to be repeatable in every direction without any visible edges and secondly because painting the same stone structure all day long gets really boring very soon and it takes a lot of nerves to push it through^^

This and the next one are only repeatable to the left and right!

My personal favorite :3

A personal project I'm working on. The big hand, feet and ears are on purpose. More to it later.

In May this year I applied for Noah's Art Camp. It was such an amazing experience. Unfortunately I had to stop after week three because of my hand. But I will do all the stuff I missed as soon as it's healed up! First off compositional master studies!

The main menu of "Stickman - Savior of the City"

The end screen

Color studies of old master paintings for Noah's Art Camp

Full master study - W.I.P.

Digital sketch from imagination - 30mins

Still life from life =)

photo study W.I.P.

Part of the qualifying test for Pyrrhic Studios

I'm kinda happy how much I managed regarding the art camp in the first week. Finished all 50 compositional studies, did 15/50 color studies and one full master study (/3). It's still a lot missing, but I never painted so much in a single week and this next to my normal work. So kinda proud yes =^.^=

So and here the promised little sneak peak of what is about to come regarding my work on Noble for Pyrrhic Studios :D

Messages In This Thread
Sandras Sketchbook - by Tamaira - 03-25-2013, 12:11 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Warburton - 03-26-2013, 04:34 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by JonHop - 03-28-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Tamaira - 09-15-2013, 01:41 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Tamaira - 09-18-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Ignatz - 09-18-2013, 08:00 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Tamaira - 09-18-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by MajaD - 09-21-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Vasburg - 11-22-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Tamaira - 02-11-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: Sandras Sketchbook - by Flo - 02-12-2014, 08:26 AM