Can you critique it or do paintover?
I'm agree with MichaelWitmann. The color and the comp are both good, but there are some stuff to adjust to make it "really good". Like Michael already said, there is no much relationship between the BG and the main character, is no so clear about what happen in the bk and if that is realted with the guy holding a rise harm. If you want to give the sensation that the the gut castinga spell or making a evocation you should enfatise his position, maybe using both of the harm rised and a blow of wind flapping his cape. To add more In the BG you can also add a lightning impact in the glowing point, to add a sensation that something happen in the moment we are looking. For add more fiction you can drawn a little boat near to the river, maybe the mage escape from the town or he is waiting for something (You can add a creppy little mage slave on the boat, wich is waitning for order).
About the Comp. I sudgest you to re-paint the strange roks beind the mage, It've a too strange shape. You can use some ref image of (just google Sharp Roks, you find thousand interesting shape for your paint) there are really strange but still possible. I also sudgest you to delete the strange pilar in the water, is too distractive, sems like a knife blade wich cut the attenction in that point, instead drive the eyesight in the BG.
This are just few idea are coming in my mind looking your artwork, wich is good but you can add more particular for give to it a nice kick.
I hope I was helpful in some way. Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Can you critique it or do paintover? - by Defre - 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: Can you critique it or do paintover? - by Vincenzo_Lamolinara - 05-04-2013, 06:43 AM