The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Update time

Firstly my 13th 14 day challenge head only got one more.
I have been wanting an opinion on the planes of the lower cheek though, the light part on the left and right of the lips, I see it on some faces and all the asaro heads yet I'm being told to get rid of it by someone in a critique group, i'm not sure if to get rid of it or lower the contrast of it since I do feel like it's noticeable enough to be a plane on a lot of faces.

Ribcages, I've been trying for a good week now to start making one of those diagrams with the rib from every angle, I took way to long on these though this is the result of like 5 hours work more probably since I've restarted them a million times.
Between this and the next picture I'm noticing I have a perfectionist problem, i'm going over the same lines and drawings over and over again or overmeasuring and wasting a lot of time, I'm currently redoing these being a bit more loose with them and not only have I got more of them done in 1 day then the entire week I spent on these but they look better imo as well, i'll post them once the diagram is finished.

Same for this here, took so long on this to the point of boredom and it still looks like a sketch to me, i'm gonna try and be more loose with this stuff or at the very least not dwell so much on mistakes in the drawings, it's time better spent studying if I can't figure it out rather then trying the break the wall with your head approach.

Did this after deciding to focus on perfection less, it's got issues but I had a lot of fun with it, I really need to spend more time on hands soon, those were a nightmare to draw.
As for the weird clothing the character has, it's based on the show flip flappers and I really liked the goggles and hood clothing she had in an episode but I couldn't find ref online of the rest of the clothing so I just kinda mixed it with her regular clothing to make whatever this is haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 12-10-2016, 10:55 AM