The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Thanks dude!. Yeah i'm trying my best to just study the hell out of construction and perspective, forget about everything else, painting composition, color all of that, I want to do manga style work(if it's not evident XD) so a strong design base is really what I need to focus on.

So I'm having a lot of trouble with understand Krenz's methods, I feel I've got it mostly down but there's a few points of frustration that's currently making it impossible to study fully or to apply to my own work, 1 of course being the cubes which is simply a matter of practice.
But the second is how he rotates planes, here's an example.

so for the most part I get this and it usually works on ground planes however, i'm having trouble with getting it to work from other pictures

Some of these work fine but some of them just won't work for me, for example the bottom one with the chick sitting on the couch, I've been trying it for hours and just can't get it right, neither her torso placement, head nor even the cushions leaning diagonally, and I think the reason why is that I can't figure out how to place the plane used for rotating them.

I think it might require knowing what points the object you're rotating would touch if it was placed diagonally or horizontally(say if she was sitting upright or lying full flat on the couch.)
That being said in that quick diagram of yotsuba Krenz did the cube he built to figure out the perspective of Yotsuba seems almost random, so I don't know.

I've also been using it a bit in figure drawing here, i'm trying to copy the poses with the method then try and draw them from a different angle(might try changing some placements as well sometime soon).

And more stuff!, plan on writing some dialogue for this before uploading it to deviantart..honestly this part has been more difficult then the drawing itself lol.
Was playing around with some charcoal brushes for it, I think it's a cool little traditional effect.

Anyway that's all for now Ciao

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 03-28-2017, 05:10 AM