The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Fedodika: Haha, thanks! Good to know i'm doing Sucy justice.
[Image: tumblr_osjlvkljfN1r5h23lo6_500.gif]
Tygerson: Thank you, yeah the heads been bothering me for a long while(it used to be worse), I've accepted defeat on it here I really can't get it right and all the paint layers are on now anyway so it'd be hassle to change.
Basically...I need to doa hell of a lot  more neck studies lol.

Big update, so I was a bit unsure of how to go about painting this, whether to go more cell shaded or painterly, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to do a few studies of artists I like so I did a few of these, feel like I learned quite a bit about how to paint the skin, most of the artists I admire seem to be do it quite similarly with very subtle value changes and not if any contrast.
Hair was a bit different, I think I've got a decent idea of how each artist approaches it but i'm having difficulty trying to combine parts of there methods or replicating them at all.

As for the Sucy piece itself, i'm pretty happy with it right now, not to sure if i'm going over the top with contrast, but it's getting the feel I wanted from the piece.
I spent a long time trying to get the hair right, still not sure if I like it, trying to get a balance of detail and flow in there.

Messed up this study, was trying to figure out how to paint more realistic glass but I was very tired.

And more drawabox dumping, almost at lesson 2 now huzzah!.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 08-12-2017, 09:16 PM