The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Art Dump!
been thinking about maybe takin a more project based aproach to drawing, like think of an idea I want to draw and then study different things i'd need for that everyday to gradually build it up, like for example I have this idea for this siren creature I wanted to draw(I have a quick sketch of it a few posts or so back) so maybe focus on composition and thumbnails one day then textures or clothing the next, whatever goes into the piece. problem with art is progress is so slow and gradual it's sorta hard to know if i'm overthinking it or not XD.

More work on mr gasmask, so much shit I need to fix in this XD, should've been done with this a month ago, anyway trying out maybe making the secondary light come from the tubes in his head, seems to look pretty cool so far albiet i'm not if maybe I should change the colour to something warmer, also need to work on the head wounds and skintone in general, having the same problem with the skintones as I did in the painted head a while back.

More Hampton practice, glad I started the book over I think I rushed the first two chapters a bit too quickly last time and just sorta dove straight into the anatomy.
I also have major problems thinkin up poses from imagination so i've started taking ref pictures and changing the poses in them, seems like a good idea for practice, also need to work on my 30s gestures 1m and 2m are fine I think but the second I get to the 30s ones I start scribblin like a lunatic XD.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 02-14-2014, 03:12 AM