Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :)
Lovely studies! Really liking this stuff.

Ok critique time.

This is going to be something really hard to convey but i'm going to try my best.

On this study I'm noticing some issues with edge control and blending. For the most part the image is solid, good form, colours ect. What i feel ls letting it down a bit is that the rendering feels a bit chalky, you have specular highlights but they don't seem to convey the feeling that the skin has specular properties.
Your version is on the left, mine on the right, Most of my changes are very subtle, i blended and smoothed out a bunch of faces and sharpened up a bunch of key areas to make their plane changes more distinct.
I am using a bunch of soft brushes and hard erasing back to get this effect, and it's really fast to do compared to blending with a hard brush.

If you need more clarification on what i'm saying, or if you disagree, please let me know :).

[Image: oYEB6.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bjork's Sketchbook (critique and feedback wanted!) - by OtherMuzz - 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by zakknroll - 07-08-2013, 03:00 AM
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by foletto - 08-04-2013, 02:08 AM