Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :)
Hey Bjork, awesome stuff here, loving the progress you've made since your first posts. You sure are putting a lot of hours into improving your skills.

You mentioned wanting to be more confident with your brush and pencil strokes. I recommend drawing with a pen, particularly felt tip, for improving your confidence with your strokes. Right now I'm going through the Dynamic Sketching course at Draw a Box, which make me use a felt-tip pen. Using a felt-tip pen has REALLY improved my line economy, since, well, I can't erase it and everything I do adds more ink. I have to think out every mark. That improves confidence. Also, I had to learn how to control pen pressure well. I love these pens now. <3

Eagerly awaiting your next post! :)

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by zakknroll - 07-08-2013, 03:00 AM
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by foletto - 08-04-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by Mechanizoid - 02-02-2016, 03:25 PM