Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :)
Thanks so much Piotr! These studies are really really helpful so far :D
I just used colour dynamics, haven't really gotten the hang of mixer brush yet :P 

So yesterday was a lovely fail, I realised I suck at drawing mountains and cliffs etc, so expect a lot of that from now on hahaha
study:

Memory: I worked on it more than this in school, but I forgot to upload it to my google drive, so I'll update it tomorrow

Although this isn't the final version it shows pretty clearly what I struggle with. I found it really difficult to figure out what the pattern of the cliff was and what the shadows were supposed to be like (dem values dammit) aaand my colours were also way off.  Need to remember to really think about the form more and understand how the light is hitting it.

I also think the method I used was a little wonky for me. But that's the good thing about trying different approaches; you find out what works best for you :)

Today's study went better, going BW also made it easier to think about the forms and such.
Study:

memory:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by zakknroll - 07-08-2013, 03:00 AM
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by foletto - 08-04-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :) - by BjorkJT - 04-06-2016, 01:37 PM