Here cometh the friendship!
(06-29-2013, 09:01 AM)smrrfette Wrote: Holy, holy, great hand-me-down ballsacks.

Hello Zafer and weeeeeeeeeeeelcome to the daggers!!

My goodness, my mind is still blown from reading your post. Millions of fragments are still trying to piece themselves together!
I must say - thank you for the read! I love a good background story and yours is definitely a background story :)
Let's see: 5 different languages, studied computer engineering, did your military & civil service, studied physics... learned about what it was to lead a business... kicks ass at the Adobe Suite... Maya oh my g--.

I've had my hand in Maya and all of her infinite glory... could not deal... so much information...

I admire your self-discipline and wanting to master every trick of the trade in the arts.
For me personally, I couldn't do it. I'm sometimes not sure that my brain can handle everything to be understood in art. But hey, I'm tryin'
So, so, much respect, Zafer.

I wish you the best of luck on your goals and dreams,
Hope you enjoy your stay, find a good art partnership and kick some more ass!!

Thanks for the nice words smurfette(right?)! Yeah it's been something these past 5-6 years, but that's how it goes if you need to emerge on yourself... but just to be clear: I haven't studied computer engineering, I am studyin' it and it's been four semesters now but I guess it will still go on some 4-6 semesters =D until I finish it. Eventhough it may sound like a lot, the industry is so vast and deep, take animation for example, so many sub-branches and things yet to learn, but yes, I am workin' on them. Let's do our best for our goals, right? :)

(06-29-2013, 04:16 PM)will123will Wrote: Hey, well I don't have a thread about it so I'll just post here. I'm a 19 year old male from and still living in England. I've always been into artistic type stuff such as movies, books, drawing and music. When I was 8 I got my first guitar but never started to take learning it seriously until I was about 12. I play fingerstyle mostly such as Andy Mckee, check him out if you don't know him he's awesome. I also know a little bit about playing piano and drums but not too much, also bass guitar and other stringed instruments like ukelele's are easy for me to play as the skills from guitar transfer over.

My favourite type of movie genre is horror and I feel that that will be what greatly influences my art style. I also love sci fi such as the terminator and also post apocalyptic films. I also loved to write a lot of short stories when I was younger though they all sucked haha and I don't really do it much anymore but it is still something that I really love to do I'm just taking art seriously so it isn't something I really have time for.

I finished high school 3 years ago and went on to study graphic design at college but never really got serious about drawing until about a year and a half ago. My biggest influences are Brad Rigney and Dave Rapoza and my main goal is to start working as a freelance illustrator. I'll be going to university in September to study visual effects and concept design which will last 3 years. I also know a little bit about using 3D software such as maya, zbrush, sketchup and blender. Anyways, thats about all I can think to say right now haha :)

Sounds cool Will, I think we could learn a lot from oneanother in the coming years, I'd be up for a partnership!

Messages In This Thread
Here cometh the friendship! - by zmote - 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by will123will - 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by zmote - 06-29-2013, 05:39 AM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by smrr - 06-29-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by zmote - 06-29-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by will123will - 06-29-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by smrr - 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: Here cometh the friendship! - by will123will - 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM