Itsh yo time!
3 (and a bit? idk I don't math) MONTHS LATE -- the dropbears have been on my back since June 30 2015 to take my life...
[Image: enhanced-buzz-24432-1381119510-0.jpg]
Avoiding death has been ridic. But I'm here and ready to update my deathline in the hopes the art gods will permit an extension of my dastardly cause... 

Alright, I'm not gonna be nice to myself. I had that RSI issue, sure. But then I burned out and kept burning out, thus screwing everything up in terms of my goals.
So, let's do this, and afterward I'm gonna update with new goals. I've learned from these and I know what to put and what not to put. Seeing as I basically micro-managed my deathline goals. AHAHA. Silly old-young-naive-me

Updates!

The goals:

Look after your health:
* remain off of sweets daily - only on rare occasions e.g. restaurants 
> LOL fail, but real good now [font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font][/font][/font][/font]
* yoga once a day - without fail
> lasted 'til what like Oct 2014? But I'm back in the game since Sept [font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font][/font][/font]
* take breaks regularly, stretch
> Yep.  
* avoid overeating
> Failed that, but I've been good since Aug. Fuckin' finally. [font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font][/font][/font][/font]
* overlooked: stay hydrated
> Ehhhhm, etsy getsy - here and there. Been a lot better so I'll give that a check. 

Try your hardest to improve on your art:
* try to get 12hrs study in a day
> I was consistent with this up until RSI issue. 2014 was a blur of playing games, not arting art at all really, I couldn't stay consistent, I can't lie about that. Only since August this year have I been getting slowly but surely studying it up again - though breaks are still a thing and I've been trying to reduce them as much as possible. But at this very moment, the discipline is strong and I have my best friend to thank for that. No pain no gain, let's go.
* focus on the fundamentals - more importantly: what you suck at - one thing at a time
> I'm drawing boxes now, if that counts? lmao -- shit. I mean I am, but I could have done this better, so... [font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font]
* get better at painting digitally
> I guess this is a tick, kinda. 
* re-do Art Camp
> lol no 
* do at least one Daggers challenge a month!
> sort of :( [font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font]

Stay focussed
* remind yourself daily of your goals, visualise
> now I am, during burn out period no - so thas a-another fail [font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font]
* "be here now" when about to get distracted
> not anymore [font=arial, sans-serif]☒[/font]
* stay away from time-wasters until after completed study - 1hr max.
> Mmmm. I'm still decent with this, when I really need to be 
* be constantly thinking, questioning, evaluating and paying attention.
> Etsy getsy, here and there. Sometimes, there's nothing going on up in that noggin. But usually, I am doing this. 
* stay organised, schedule up!
> now I am, past me - nope. Fuck 

"And most importantly: stay consistent (read: failed that shit) and never give up (read: haven't failed the most important thing, so that's something lmao) !! "

I don't think I'll update with how my art is lookin' since the 1st of Feb 2014 lol. 
Seeing as I'm not happy with what I've completed over 2014 urgh. Still just a blur.

Lets just start fresh, like I have been since Sept/Oct this year.

New goals! 
Logging progress monthly 'til I check back on 1/1/16 to see where I'm at with these short term goals!

S.T:
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]○ [/font]Produce work you want to see. 
 Do fan art!
 Share more online
Complete Inktober 2015
Daily SP's (Oct1-Nov1)  edit: do more SP's as study for International SP Day Nov 1st.
Website with at least 5 pieces you're happy with by 1/01/16 (mix of fan art/original).
 Instagram - 75 posts by the end of the year 
 Study - at least 2.5 hrs of focused study per day (schedule - will update in thread)
 Health+Fitness consistency! 
Get freelance work 

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]L.T:[/font][/font][/font]
*** hmm ~ dream big, little one *** 

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Note to self: micro breaks are everything, don't be stupid, stretch, look after yourself. Also, if you feel burn out incoming, take a day off - find what inspires you, just chill the fck out, go for a walk, go for a bike ride, clear your mind! 1 day off isn't going to hurt, what will hurt is not wanting to draw for weeks and weeks and wasting all of that valuable, valuable time.[/font][/font][/font]

> Checking back on Nov 1st to see where I'm at with my S.T goals!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all

Messages In This Thread
Itsh yo time! - by smrr - 06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by SpectreX - 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by smrr - 07-01-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by Finnjamin - 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by smrr - 07-06-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by darktiste - 08-05-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by smrr - 02-01-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by Tygerson - 02-01-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: Itsh yo time! - by Doolio - 02-01-2014, 02:09 PM