Crab Character Critique
The concept is really neat, and overall I like the design of your character

I think the claw is seriously competing with the rest of the image. By comparison its very very bright and saturated and its drawing a lot of attention to itself, which probably isnt what you want. It doesn't help that its also in front of a very dark spot in your picture. Try playing around with the saturation, brightness and/or contrast of that area a bit

Also, I'm not really sure whether his head is supposed to be infused with the shell or its supposed to be a helmet. Right now its looking a bit tacked on, almost like the face was rendered on its own and then put on top of another picture. I'm leaning more towards the idea that he is part of the crab shell rather than it being a suit of armour. If that's the case you might want to make it seem more believable that the crab bit around his head is merged with his face. Thatll be tricky to do, though, but I think it will pay off.

You've also got this really cool light coming in from both sides, but its not really doing much interesting in my opinion. The bloom effect is nice but I think it would be more striking if you threw in some rim lights around the edges of things, to give you a nice silhouette.

The colours are super rad by the way, and If anything you can always apply the critiques you get here to future works. Hope some of that helped :) If I wasn't clear let me know

Messages In This Thread
Crab Character Critique - by Zachary McLean - 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Patrick Gaumond - 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Zachary McLean - 07-31-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Patrick Gaumond - 07-31-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Zachary McLean - 08-16-2013, 02:47 AM