I'm about ready to scream.
Ok first off, without an anatomically correct underpainting, whatever colour you add will look wrong, so lets get that sorted to begin with.
The eyes should be one eye width apart, and should be approximately in the middle of the head. I would alter the jaw line to make it more feminine, look up some references.
Have a look at some tutorials on proportions of the face and study them, then rinse and repeat.
The mouth should be wider- imagine there is almost a triangle between the bridge of the nose, passing through the outer edge of the nostrils and ending at the edges of the mouth.
The eyes should be less crossed as well. I would also define where the hands are coming from.
As for colour, i usually do a layer on 'soft light' mode, i find that works pretty well. I would see if you can bring in a complementary colour in the background somewhere, such as edge lighting on her head of blue? Give it a go, or it will easily become monotonous.
Just my pennies worth, i hope i didnt come across as harsh as its all for improvement! hope it helps :)

Messages In This Thread
I'm about ready to scream. - by ZombieChinchilla - 08-04-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: I'm about ready to scream. - by Wardy - 08-04-2013, 03:06 AM
RE: I'm about ready to scream. - by Michael Syrigos - 08-04-2013, 05:54 AM