missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
Heya and welcome!
Ah the problem of it looking dirty! It's a curse for every traditional painter that has ever lived. It usually stems from overworking the colors and mixing them together a bit too much than necessary. In a way it can carry over to digital. I think that it's in a sense the issue of not knowing when to stop and be content with what you've done on the canvas. Not sure if that is the case here, but it could be.

The best thing you could do to combat this is just studying and observing the diffrent colors that the skin has, or anything else for that matter. Because right now there is a lot of grey and cold colors, with a hint of warmness here and there. The lightning can be a bit confusing so setting a source for it could make it clearer.
Also the spectrum of light underwater leans mostly towards blue and green, because they travel further. Looking it up I saw that red was actually the color that traveled the least!

I do find the backlightning interesting and the character itself has a nice dynamic flow with her hair. It's just about tying it together! Since that lightning would shadow her face!

I got a bit carried away, since it's a doodle I hope you don't find it too much :P
Draw or die my friend!

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by Bjulvar - 08-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM