missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3
Just wanted to stop by and THANK YOU for your kind words in my SB.

I'd like to see a bit more line work in your sketchbook to see how you're approaching the construction of your works. As Sam mentioned in his post, there are a few perspective issues with the latest work, and ideally these things should be resolved before diving into colors.

With regards to colors...you seem a bit tentative when choosing your own colors, and your value range is a bit on the high side. You studies (love the birds!) show nice value, and color range, and I would love to see a bit more of that in your characters.

I have had the same issues with colors, and values, and recently I built a handful of palettes to improve the variety of colors that I use for a given image, while limiting the range, as the color wheel can be very intimidating. Each palette is limited to 256 colors, and then I use the color wheel primarily to tweak values.

Messages In This Thread
RE: mii: Struggling to improve digital "paintings" - Help? - by brianjohnson - 09-07-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: missimoinsane digital painting improvements :3 - by FROZ3N - 09-29-2015, 09:14 PM