Help with perspective/foreshortening
(08-15-2013, 02:04 PM)Psychotime Wrote: Have you planned out an exact direction for your light source? I think you should redraw it, and really take note of the general shapes of the forms. And instead of rendering part by part as you're doing now, you should cover general areas over the entire image first, before getting to details later.

I think you should have a simple light setup of the whole image, using no more than 3 values. Make it on a separate layer to modify as you please later. Be as basic as possible. Then post it here.

If you ask me, jumping to full detail for small isolated areas is an easy way to end up with something inconsistent in the end. Having every basic concept roughed out over the whole image is a good way to have a general game plan and stops potential headaches right in their tracks.

Clearly you did a rough drawing to plan your general shapes and forms, but the logic behind that should persist through every step. I don't think it's time to jump into details just yet. Plan with some rough lighting.

I was thinking of redrawing the head and the neck but the whole thing? By redraw it do you mean redesign it or choose another pose, or what?

I wanted to make the light source coming from the side kinda and hitting the front of his body.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with perspective/foreshortening - by Aikanaro - 08-16-2013, 04:33 AM