Pablonotpicasso's Little Sketchbook O' Fun
Sam- Thanks! Yeah, I'm just a little TADpole starting out now, but I hope I'm getting some good habits formed. I'm out at the unofficial San Diego studio, but I've still spoken with a few students in other places like the KC studio. I'm going to try to be at the Winter Workshop so hopefully we'll meet then!

Yann- I hadn't heard of Clive Barker before, but I just looked up his work. Damn, impressively freaky stuff. Loved it, so I'm glad my beginner scribbles remind you of his pieces. Also liking the little story for the chicken dude, it would be cool to do a whole series of characters in that vein of real life gone slightly twisted.

Corey- Thanks, man. Yeah, I've learned that copying solely for the sake of it does little to improve your abilities. I'm familiar with Noah's stuff, but I never knew he flipped the photos he used for studies. I mean, environments are abstractions in a way, so that's a unique way to go about doing a study. I'll have to try that out for the next few works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pablonotpicasso's Little Sketchbook O' Fun - by PabloNotPicasso - 09-21-2013, 06:46 AM