Lookin' for crits
Hey Jonesoda,

I'm nowhere near a "master" but I figured I could help you out with this fabric situation. First, definitely look at reference whenever you are doing something like this(I know its annoying sometimes). That being said, I have a few tips. First of all, check out how fabric folds and hangs, as a general rule of thumb fabric only wrinkles when there is too much fabric for the allotted space. Another good rule of thumb is that everything has a thickness. So show that plane... unless its like paper. Though i'm sure there are times when you want to show even paper thin side planes haha.

Fabric doesn't need to be hard, it follows a lot of general rules most of the time, which you can find online(being super lazy right now so I don't have any links for you lol)

So that's basically all that I did here, I added that thickness plane and took out a bunch of wrinkles in the hood. I also have a little bit of light showing through the far side of the hood on the inside, not sure about it but its there. The rest of the wrinkles are interesting in an abstract way, but they are in no way how fabric actually falls(for the most part). So do some more studies :)

Now that I've said all those mean things, I would like to add that I am very jealous of your textures.

Hope I didn't ramble too much, and I hope that all was helpful.

-Ethan

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Lookin' for crits - by Jonesoda - 10-17-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Lookin' for crits - by EduardoGaray - 10-18-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Lookin' for crits - by Centum - 10-18-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: Lookin' for crits - by Amit Dutta - 10-18-2013, 06:11 PM