Treetop Highway - Progress Critique
Hey daggers, um, trying something a little different here. Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll just toss it here for now.

I'm doing CGhub's New World's challenge. The theme this time is Treetop Highway. So what I was thinking is - I'll post up my progress of the image, showing the whole process from thumbnail to sketch to final. And along the way maybe you guys could give me some critiques and advice. I'll do some self-critique as well.

The reason why I'm doing this whole process thing is so that you guys can help me spot mistakes before I spend too much time on it. And also you can let me know if the workflow I'm using is too clumsy or inefficient or if you have better ways to approach it, etc.

So yeah, let's get started! The deadline's on 8th Nov, which is 6 days from now. Gonna work on it for a couple of hours a day until the deadline.

Here's what I have so far! Just sketching to figure out a good composition, and trying to keep as close to the theme as I can. I started with some comps drawn with a pencil and then slowly building up details in photoshop.

I'm kind of happy with the sketch I have so far. Now I'm wondering if I should do a cleaner linework, or just dive straight into painting.

Messages In This Thread
Treetop Highway - Progress Critique - by LongJh - 11-02-2013, 12:39 PM