Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Great effort here! You can definitely see your lines improving as those images go along. have you considered working with ink? it's a blast!
Right now your line width feels very all the same throughout the drawings, If you keep working in lines you'll learn how to vary line width to give the illusion of light and dark, and where to make the lines thicker to lead the eye to the focal point, and how to place areas of black to suggest shadows or leave places undetailed when you don't want detail there.
I'd recommend studying some comic artists you like to see how they use lines and areas of black in inks. I learned a ton from copying Jeff Jones' Idyll comics, if that's not your cup of tea maybe look at Charles Dana Gibson's inks, or Frazetta's, or (if you want to go insane) Franklin Booth

Keep drawing people out of cylinders and boxes! it's a fantastic way to force yourself to decide what's closer to the the viewer and what's further away, that gives real depth to your work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Samszym - 01-26-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM