Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Keep the ink studies coming Hypno!
Think you could edit the pictures so your study is next to the drawing you copied? That would make it much easier to give you some helpful crits. it might be helpful to write down some notes with the studies, try and notice techniques Frazetta uses and what effect they achieve. Writing them down will make them more concrete and easier to use in your own work!
One thing he was really really disgustingly good at was having all the hatch lines he used look unified as a single transitional tone by having total control over the direction of the strokes and the distance between the lines. Try to copy his hatching exactly as it appears. It'll be really frustrating and hard since you don't yet have the dexterity he did, but that's a great way to develop some!
Oh, if you hadn't realized, Frazetta diluted some of his ink with water so you might want to try having some watered down ink as well as flat black ink, if you're copying a work that seems to have lighter lines.

Keep killing it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Samszym - 02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM