Crimson Crusade / Mentoring Program
(12-08-2013, 09:30 PM)Tul Wrote: CRIMSON CRUSADE MENTORING PROGRAM

Andy Butnariu "Tul_"

-experience in Traditional drawings, Digital drawings, Architectural drawing,
-class name: Mentoring crusade - Beginner to Advanced - digital art
-willing to take on 5 students at a time
-aprox. 2 month class (to be arranged)
-classes to include homework assignments, in depth paint-over and critique, discussion and analysis of work as it develops.
-classes to begin as soon as there are 4-5 people interested and signed up

-my portfolio http://andybutnariu.blogspot.ro/

If you want to join leave a comment below and post a link to your drawings, and tell me what kind of thing would you like to learn and when would you be willing to start.

Hey guys, since there aren't any new or ongoing programs here on the mentoring section I was thinking I'd give it a shot and try to help some people while trying to better myself in the process.

Since most people need a sort of structured enviroment to keep a steady learning curve, I want to propose a mentoring thread where I'll give various assignments, exercises, themes and so on to help better yourself and learn new techniques and ways of drawing both digitally and traditionally (more digitally, traditional drawing having the purpose of training for it)

-- WHAT YOU'LL LEARN --

INTRODUCTION: (1-2 assignments)
1. Tools of the trade (traditional drawing)
2. Basic Drawing techniques (traditional drawing + digital)
3. Basics of Geometry / Perspective
4. Software for Digital Painting

FIRST CHAPTER: (4-5 assignments)
1. From boxes to buddies (Geometric Anatomy)
2. .... to be continued

- I plan on teaching some basic traditional drawing skills then gradually moving on to digital painting where we'll explore, character design, enviroments, architectural drawings, concept art and ways to combine traditional drawings, with diginal drawings and 3d modelling.

-- STRUCTURE --

-2 assignments per week -> Paintover -> Critique

-Basically there will be 2 weekly assignments that will be due every Tuesday and Saturday
-I can paintover and critique up to 3-4 people (as if anyone will sign up XD) every assignment and give my best to help you guys improve. I'll also be joining in on most assignments doing them myself to keep up with you guys :D

-And to make it more interesting I want to propose a leveling system where you advance in level by completing assignments on time and making extra studies and posting them here. Who doesn't love leveling and having a sense of accomplishment ?

And each of you will have a special badge for every level like this one:

[Image: asdasdasd.png]

-- LEVEL OF DRAWING SKILL --

-Anyone can join in ! from the absolute beginner to the already acomplished painters. everyone needs studying and exercise.

- This part still remains to be discussed and it will rely on what you guys want, if 4 intermediate people join and only one absolute begginer I'll make a intermediate level class, if it's the other way around i'll make a absolute begginner class. It's totally up you guys. And if well no body signs up, i'll just postpone the classes and let the thread die.
- same goes with when the classes start.

oh and here's a link to my stuff (i won't post all the links to not spam):

Thanks for reading ! have a AWESOME DAY

Hey Tul, I just saw your post about teaching people how to draw. I'm really interested in it, and would love to join. I am a beginner and do not actually have a portfolio of any drawings I've done, but if you need to me do a couple of drawings before you teach me anything I can definitely do that. I'm pretty much interested in doing all kinds of art, but perhaps digital art would have to be the one I'm most interest in, although I don't have any real experience in that either. I'm willing to start whenever you, sir. Also, I think that it's a great idea that you're making this project into class with assignments and what not.

Messages In This Thread
Crimson Crusade / Mentoring Program - by Tul - 12-08-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-08-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by notme - 12-09-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-09-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by notme - 12-09-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by FromBeyondTheVeil - 12-09-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by acidburn_32 - 12-10-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-10-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by FromBeyondTheVeil - 12-11-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by notme - 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by smurfen - 12-12-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Amaral - 12-12-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-16-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-19-2013, 05:19 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-20-2013, 03:15 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-20-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Artur J - 12-22-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Amaral - 12-23-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: Mentoring Crusade led by a Noob - by Tul - 12-23-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Crimson Crusade / Mentoring Program - by Saukem - 01-28-2014, 08:43 AM