[oil/canvas] Trouble depicting forest-y mountains
I thought that's what "fat over lean" meant - oil over turpenoid, but college was a long long time ago and I'm not sure anymore. Thanks for clearing that up. What it looks like at this stage.

I tried to push the contrast, and checking that regularly by taking a photo then use Photoshop to make it gray. The sky keep blending with the furthest mountains because they're similar colors. If I darken the bottom- most clouds for skyscape contrast, the furthest mountains blend in. But if I darken the furthest mountain more, they start to seem not-so-distant anymore....

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read the recommended book or the artists on Youtube. Instead I've been sucked into reading and watching videos of a recent fandom. I'll fix that... 'cos I really want to find out what exactly to do with the mysterious fan brush too! I've used it in the sky bits, and the only thing I like about the fan brush is it's flat and pretty easy to clean, haha! I'm probably making way too big of a deal out of this free gift painting, and taking too long.....

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [oil/canvas] Trouble depicting forest-y mountains - by meat - 12-25-2013, 01:33 PM