[oil/canvas] Trouble depicting forest-y mountains
I think you've addressed some of the issues, but also created new ones. Focal point smack in the middle for example. I think it's best to be done with this piece and start with more focus with the next ones. I wish I could help with finishing, but I've never oil painted :/ something I hope to fix one day.

I have a particular bug with friends asking for stuff. I would get this all the time until I put a stop to it.

Get out of the habit of agreeing to paint things for friends for absolutely nothing all the time; even for the really good ones unless you genuinely want to give a gift.
"Painting is fun, surely you must be doing it only for fun, and so surely I am just giving you something fun to do and you don't need anything in return." Bah!

If you want to get paid, start asking for something in return. It may not be money at first. If you have friends who work various places then maybe get a freebie out of them in return...a free car wash, accounting help, store discounts, some new brushes, canvases etc. Then wait to see the reaction. What, brushes and canvas and paint cost money?? Who would have thought.
The moment you start equating what you do with what they do, the smarter and better ones will realise what they are asking you to do.

Out of ignorance people don't even realise they are taking advantage of you but they will do it without batting an eyelid. The moment you start valuing what you do, others will as well.
Rant over :D

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: [oil/canvas] Trouble depicting forest-y mountains - by Amit Dutta - 12-28-2013, 08:43 AM