[oil/canvas] Trouble depicting forest-y mountains
I saw the composition problem after you first pointed out, and it was my own laziness at not wanting to basically do a new painting by redrawing composition (which I'm uneducated about). I knew I was dancing around the problem, but I rather just get this freebie done, because it is a freebie, along with 2 more. I know, I know... there are things related to strengthening portfolio and 3D and animation skills I should be doing instead with my time, but I still want to do these.

For the next couple freebies I'll start posting with thumbnails in hope to save myself from further disasters. One will be small and simply a butterfly painted from life (I have a dead butterfly), and ANOTHER tree-ish landscape, much like this one. I'll make sure to use the Rule of Thirds, and use less and bigger strokes (which should come easier if I knew what I was doing, which will have been the result of proper thumbnail planning).

I'm really thankful you're taking the time out of your day to write these feedbacks even if they're not "finishing" feedback. Painting is an on-going journey, so if not for this painting, certainly for the coming one :)

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [oil/canvas] Trouble depicting forest-y mountains - by meat - 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM