do my colors look good? updated.
(01-04-2014, 09:04 AM)Mike086 Wrote: Your colors are very saturated. That is causing the eye to not have a place to settle. The green behind the alter is drawing attention from the alter, but that maybe a good thing if you want the skull in the back to be a focus. I feel like the naked woman is your focus, so right now she is competing with the other elements. Switch to greyscale and fix up the values, then add in your color based on your focus.

Right now you have no real mid tones, it's a very dark image, and by dark I mean literally black. You can use "selective color" in photoshop to take the blacks up a few notches into a lighter value.

The slippers seem really out of place too, do some feet studies and paint the feet in, they really don't match with your other elements. OR you can add more silly elements like the slippers and make it more comic, maybe curlers in her hair?

My general read of the image is that a woman is dropping coins into a basin that are gradually getting bigger as they fall next to some skinny dude on a golden devil alter.

I'm not sure if that is your intention…

Good luck! I can stream a paint over on the week if you'd like me to really show you what I'm talking about.

thanks for the feedback!! it is my intention to have the colors very saturated because this is for a tattoo portfolio that i am doing so i can get an apprenticeship, and saturation is key for tattoo designs. with the focus i do want the skull to be more of the focal point but i am not really trying to capture a whole lot of depth i just want everything to POP really bright like graffiti art....
the slipper ha yea i am horrible at feet and do need to study them more the slippers are a way of me laughing at my inability. they look alot better than any foot i can draw. maybe i will put some lil skull slippers on her?
i will upload grey scale image that i applied the colors to maybe then you can show me my shortcomings with the values. thank you for your time

Messages In This Thread
RE: do my colors look good? - by Mike086 - 01-04-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by kingamongpawns - 01-04-2014, 01:29 PM
RE: do my colors look good? - by kingamongpawns - 01-04-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: do my colors look good? - by Amit Dutta - 01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: do my colors look good? - by kingamongpawns - 01-05-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by Adam Lina - 01-05-2014, 03:46 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by kingamongpawns - 01-05-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by meat - 01-06-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by adam-brown - 01-07-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by kingamongpawns - 01-07-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: do my colors look good? - by adam-brown - 01-07-2014, 10:10 PM