Sword Lady WIP
Nice thumbs! They all could work with tweaks. I'd take out B and E, not because they are bad, but I think a more intimate view of the character might be good.

I think A and C are similar, but prefer A as the more dynamic of the two. D isn't quite as dynamic in perspective but it has a cool diagonal top right to bottom left swoop going on in it which adds a nicer flow to the comp. I also like cinematic aspects for scenes like this personally :)

So I guess a slight combination of A and D. The values and perspective work better in A, the diagonals and comp flow a bit better in D. Perhaps play with cinematic aspect with A's perspective. Also If you focused on accentuating diagonals in A and really make use of dark against light and vice versa (light swirls against dark bg, figure against light swirls, light sword against dark figure etc etc. )
I get the sense that if you really nailed the broad values with this one it could be a stunning piece. So don't jump to detailing right away, get the volume values down perfect first :)
Carry on!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Sword Lady WIP - by dwilliams - 01-04-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: Sword Lady WIP - by Amit Dutta - 01-04-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Sword Lady WIP update 3/13 - by dwilliams - 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Sword Lady WIP - by Psychotime - 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Sword Lady WIP - by dwilliams - 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: Sword Lady WIP - by Amit Dutta - 03-14-2014, 08:12 PM