Validity of style choice? (or something like that:) )
Yeah I think who you really want to hear from is someone who has done the anime path as an "outsider" already, and to that extent I doubt you'll get much direct knowledge from within the daggers, where for the most part we are in the initial stages of breaking in and learning, and for the most part into more western themed entertainment concept design and illustration. I have definitely seen westerners working in korean and japanese anime studios through videos and what not so they do exist. Also stumbled upon some in dA and through facebook, so i think you can be assured that there are definite precedents, just rarer to find amongst the hordes of wannabes.
So, how about you contact every single professional artist who is doing what you admire and may have gone through what you are contemplating to be heading towards and ask them instead? If you get a response, it is bound to be much more useful than what I'm about to say, which is.

OF COURSE, if you want to do it, make it happen. Everything else is just talk and your own fear of the unknown raising its insidious head. :)
That said it is good to be prepared and know your battleground before charging in with the army.

Oh and the age thing....yeah I started really late too, I'm on par with people a decade or more younger. You know what, I just don't give a f @€/ or spend more thana moment considering whether I have any more or less time than others. I do what I feel I need to and enjoy doing. We have no way of knowing how much time we have left in this mortal coil, so just go for it, no matter what your age.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Validity of style choice? (or something like that:) ) - by Amit Dutta - 01-29-2014, 03:23 AM