Validity of style choice? (or something like that:) )
Quote:OF COURSE, if you want to do it, make it happen. Everything else is just talk and your own fear of the unknown raising its insidious head. :)
That said it is good to be prepared and know your battleground before charging in with the army.
This I can't agree more with:)
My inquiry is, therefore, informative one more than "emotional":) I want to know the battleground:) Add to that that it's a field I literally know nothing about and have always seen it as some specific mumbo jumbo:)

Quote:Oh and the age thing....yeah I started really late too, I'm on par with people a decade or more younger. You know what, I just don't give a f @€/ or spend more thana moment considering whether I have any more or less time than others. I do what I feel I need to and enjoy doing. We have no way of knowing how much time we have left in this mortal coil, so just go for it, no matter what your age.
But of course:)
That's just another rational thing. I am not thinking about quitting or doubting or anything like that. But even if they don't overwhelm me, facts are there and they're there with or without me being swayed by them. And they must shape my plans in some way. For example, If I was 20, I could plan to take it slowly and thoroughly and get to, say, applibot level by age of 28, and all that while drinking, driving, drinking and driving, doing drugs, killing people or whatever:D
Now, I can't really think like that, my math has to be a bit different. So I try to check what I can and see that I don't wind up in some kind of dead end or somewhere from where I would have to trackback etc.

Quote:What monkeybeard said. :) Also theres this guy whos asian but hes American born and lives in California if I remember correct. And Marc Brunet is French-Canadian and works at Blizzard https://www.youtube.com/user/bluefley00?feature=g-coll The thing is you shouldnt be afraid to develop a style thats different than the popular style of your culture. The reason Blizzard wanted Marc Brunet is that his style was more eastern influenced. They dont want to hire someone who already copies their style. They want to hire someone with a specific niche style so they can assimilate it into the company brand and broaden their appeal. And dont feel your art needs to fit into an established genre. The best way to get noticed is to break genres and do something people havnt seen before.
While I see Marc Brunet as, in fact, a prime example of french stylization, I get what you're saying:)
That said, I think that it's inevitable to develop your own style (unless you are some kind of uncreative sponge or something) simply because you are doing it:) I do like certain styles and approaches and I do like, to go more specific, certain artists from who I plan to stea...er, be influenced by:D So, the niche I would designate would indeed be anime. But of course, I don't plan on copying or tunneling myself. That said, I do believe that, when and if I create my own "following", it will consist of people that like "doolism", but I suspect there would be a lot of anime fans among those.

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Validity of style choice? (or something like that:) ) - by Doolio - 01-29-2014, 09:37 AM